Monday, January 3, 2011

In the beginning..








"For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few." 
-- Matthew 7:19 (ESV)

      In this passage, Christ, during His sermon on the mount, is calling His followers to enter God's kingdom through the narrow gate; a gate that not many will traverse due to it's difficulty. This includes denying a longing for the world and wanting to pursue a life that glorifies God, and reflects the life Jesus lived during His time here on Earth. The commentary I have currently have for this verse says "Salvation is by grace alone, but is not easy. It calls for knowledge of the truth, repentance, submission to Christ as Lord, and a willingness to obey his will and word." -- John MacArthur, The MacArthur Study Bible. 
A few months ago, a dear friend suggested to me that I start a blog, she knew of my journey, and felt that it could be good for others to hear of my growth. Well, at first I did not think much of it, but I know that she was used by God to plant a seed in me, that would eventually blossom into a desire to create a blog. It was only a couple of weeks ago that a longing to have a blog began to weigh more and more on me. I honestly believe that the Lord has now called me and encourages me to share about my growth and my walk with Christ. 

      About May, 2010, was when I finally decided to fully commit my life to Christ. Up until that point, I had always read my bible, prayed, went to church, and basically, as Matthew West sang, "went through the motions," but without any real connection to my Savior. I am on a journey, not only to live my life for Christ, but to grow as a Godly man. Too often, I tried to compare myself to the "world's" idea of what a man should, but I have let go of that idol to place my focus on God and His plan for me as a son of His.

      The only thing I know about this blog, is that the Lord is going to use it for the growth, and edification of myself, and others, and also to bring Him more glory. Only He knows what His plans are for this blog, in terms of who it is going to reach, what He is going to speak through me. I hope that with most posts, a discussion can begin between the readers and myself. I do not have the complete knowledge of the Lord, but that is a reason why we need to grow. Through communion with other brothers and sisters in Christ, and even with the thoughts of those seeking to know Christ, I pray the Lord will challenge us. If something gets posted that is in disagreement, maybe light can be brought to clear up any false words, or ideas. 

      I am growing. I do not have all the answers, not even close, nor do I claim that this blog is the end all of methods to grow as a man of God, let alone a believer. This is just an opportunity to share my journey with others. Needless to say, I am very excited! I praise the Lord for the work He does and the love He pours out! 

1 comment:

  1. How do you balance what people expect of you at work...and how you want to be for God? Does anything ever happen at work that makes you have to go against God or you will hurt someone else's feelings?

    ReplyDelete