Monday, May 2, 2011

Shawn McDonald - Pride

I absolutely love the way the Lord can take a song that you have been listening to for a while, and bring new life to it and speak to your heart through it. I have had Shawn McDonald's "Scattered Pieces (live)" CD in my car recently, and while my repeat button has been tuned to another song, this one really got to me today. It strikes me the way he is singing to pride, and hate and in essence, struggles in his life that really way him down. He is saying good riddance to it that he no longer needs to trapped underneath such meaningless things. I am not sure if I agree with the line "I can do this all on my own," because from my standpoint the only way I can do ANYTHING is through Christ. However, I think it may be a matter of interpretation. Don't watch the video, it's corny and filled with pictures. Do listen to his voice though. Listen to how he unashamedly cries out that he is done with these struggles! 


No comments:

Post a Comment