Sunday, June 19, 2011

Mighty Creator

On Saturday, I took a day trip to a cousin's wedding in Virginia. The wedding was wonderful, minus the switch from an outside wedding to an indoor one because of rain. My uncle gave a great meditation on the importance of having a Christ centered marriage, and the food was excellent! When we were driving home that evening, we took a different route than normal because of our location. The drive turned out to be a huge blessing because of the scenery. 


For about the first hour and a half of the trip I found myself driving in a valley with mountains on either side of me. Fog was scattered on mountaintops and the whole view was just breathtaking. I could not help but find so much peace from the Lord. Coming off of a week where I have been struggling with a few things, seeing these mountains tower over me, brought a sense of security. I also knew that the security could only be found in Christ. Naturally I found myself praying a lot to the Lord during this time and mainly just glorifying His name. 


The view was similar to this picture courtesy of google images:

No comments:

Post a Comment