Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Weakness

Preface: God is good. All the time!


"But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong. God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, so that no human being might boast in the presence of God. And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption, so that, as it is written "Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord."" 
                                                                                                        -- 1 Corinthians 1: 27-31 (ESV)


So in recent adventures in subbing, I have landed a job as a 2nd grade teacher for at least two weeks (all thanks to God). The teacher is having medical complications (so I ask that you pray for her) and so the principal asked if I could sub in her room. Well, normally if I feel that I should not take a job, instant feelings to say no run through me. If I feel the need to say yes, then I say so and feel content. Before I even knew what was happening, I found myself saying yes and being asked to report to the classroom on Monday. 


I praise God because He has really brought 1 Corinthians 1: 27-31 to life in the past two days. I think there is a misconception that God will only choose the strongest and most courageous people. However, I think we feel that way because we see these people after God has worked on their hearts, crafted them, and brought them out of their weakness into strength. He has cloaked those who have accepted Christ with His strength. He does this so that if we are to boast, we can only "Boast in the Lord."


I am not a general education teacher. I do not know how to plan for them outside of following the book and to be honest that is all the teacher left me with. Granted, she is ill. This is my weakness, yet, the Lord has fully taken control. He is giving me a chance to share some of Christ's love with them. He is leading the class, only He could, because I am nothing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment